Sunday, May 4, 2008

Some Marathon Shots

A few of us ran the half-marathon last weekend, and then some other wimps ran a leg each of the marathon relay. Other than the fact that I had stopped training about 2 months before the race (with my longest run being 5 miles), that it was raining and 47 degrees at the beginning of the race, that I had to go to the bathroom at mile 2 and didn't go until mile 11, and that my doctor told me I need to lose 20 pounds (maybe I'm not in the best running shape), it was a really fun day.

Here are Ben, Courtney, and I finishing the half-marathon. You can tell by the looks on our faces that it was a bit more of a struggle for me than it was for Ben or CJ.

Zach and Haley beat us by like 4 minutes after they claimed they would be happy to finish in 3 hours. I would like to take this opportunity to point out that not one member of our group has bloody nipples.

Here is my just absolutely beautiful family. Nora was a trooper on the nice chilly day.


Nora in her cute little sunhat...she was thrilled that we were about to head home.

No comments: